MOBILE NUMBER PORTABILITY (MNP)With the introduction of MNP, one can now migrate to BSNL without changing the mobile number.Presently port-in charge has been waived off.
How to be Ported-in to BSNL Kolkata mobile
- Type Port<space> <your 10 digit mobile number> and send SMS to 1900.
- Obtain Unique Porting Code (UPC) on return SMS. The UPC is valid for 15 days only.
- Collect CAF for MNP and CAF for new mobile connection from BSNL customer service centers or franchisee / retailers outlets, deposit the forms after filling in required information of UPC and your mobile number and SIM will be provided on actual cost basis.
- The processing time is around 72 hours.
- Before disconnection of services from previous service provider, you will receive an SMS intimating that your services will be disconnected shortly and you will be connected with new service provider in around 2 hours.
- Insert BSNL SIM in your mobile set after this and enjoy BSNL services.
- Call center toll free number is 18001801503.